Welcome to Year 3!
We have 2 classes in Year 3: Lilac Class and Indigo Class.
Teaching Staff: Mrs Pemberton and Mrs Hewitt (Monday)
Support Staff: Miss Hunter and Miss Johnson
Teaching Staff: Miss Bastiman and Mrs Hewitt (Friday)
Support Staff: Mrs Fletcher and Mrs Morley
At the start of the year, we discuss the whole school rules:
* Everyone has the right to learn
* Everyone has the right to be respected
* Everyone has the right to be safe
We then work together to create our own class charters (rules) which we strive to follow so that we can be the best that we can be.
Maths and English
Maths and English lessons are taught daily in year 3. Please find more information regarding the Maths and English teaching and learning in year 3 in the 'Curriculum' area of the website.
Homework & Reading
- Spellings are given out every 2 weeks so that children are aware of the focus spellings.
- It is an expectation that children read at least 3 times per week and may also access Myon to develop their reading skills further.
- Topic homework will be given out termly which includes projects based on their current topics and areas of learning.
Please see the Newsletter for updated days for Indoor and Outdoor PE as these times change throughout the year. It is an expectation that children bring in and wear the correct PE kit on the days that they have PE.