I am Sally Chapman and I am the Parent Support Advisor at Bay Primary School.
My main role is to encourage parents, carers and their children to get the best from school. I offer children and families early intervention, support, guidance and advice working in partnership with schools, parents, carers and other agencies.
I can provide:
· Confidential support for parents/carers.
· Advice on improving home-school relationships.
· Support with your child’s behaviour and emotional development.
· Access to structured parenting courses.
· Help when your child is changing classes or moving school.
· Signposting to other agencies.
· Help to overcome barriers to your child’s learning.
I can also offer to help:
· Build your confidence in dealing with difficult parenting issues and behaviours.
· Support better achievements and attendance at school.
· Help you to speak confidently with the school.
· Encourage adult education and training.
· Opportunities to meet with other parents and carers through regular events.
· Drop in sessions – see school noticeboard or newsletter for further details.
· Adult education and family learning.
I am one of the friendly faces you might see on the playground on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings and I am here to support you. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any further support or guidance, I am here to help!
Parent Support Advisor